St Ives, Dorset Dorset UK|
2004 Magnum 21 Trimaran "first tri" for sale with Trailer, Outboard, Inflatable Dinghy and other bits & pieces.
21 foot long. 16 foot wide when rigged. <1 foot draft with centreboard up.
Popular in France, these boats rarely come up for sale in the UK.
This is an almost perfect day sailer. 30 minutes to rig and launch (with a bit of practice), Main, jib, gennaker and asymmetric spinnaker. 6 to 11 knots is easy under sail. We’ve maxed out at 16 knots, but others have taken them to 25 knots!
Despite the speed potential, the boat is very easy to sail, and you’d have to be doing something very wrong to cause a capsize. We’ve never come close. The boat has a huge amount of storage under the bow, and some additional storage in the stern.
The boat is equally capable pottering up the river with a young family as it is in a force 7 with wind over tide conditions in the Solent with a couple of brave sailors (the main has 2 reefs)..
Our favourite place to launch is Bucklers Hard on the Beaulieu River, heading to Yarmouth, Cowes, the Hamble or Calshot for lunch...Or we'll launch at Baiters in Poole, anchoring on the south side of Browsea Island and go ashore for a cream tea!
The gennaker is particularly versatile, great upwind at lower wind speeds and very powerful on a beam reach or lower.
The boat is in very good condition for it’s age, albeit with superficial scratches / marks to the gelcoat, particularly on the amas (floats).
The main and jib are in fair condition. If we were keeping the boat, we’d be replacing them in the next year or so. The Gennaker is in good condition, and the spinnaker is very good as it’s not used much.
Note that the asking price has taken the condition of the sails into account.
We have owned the boat since 2012, and have continuously upgraded and improved it. Listed below is most of what’s included in the sale:
- 2015 New Mariner 9.9hp 4-stroke outboard. Gear change is integrated into the throttle control. Tiny Tach fitted from new, currently showing 107 hours run. Regularly serviced. Carb fuel drain tube. 12 litre external plastic fuel tank. Cross linked to main tiller. Cruises at 6-7 knots. Max 9+ knots.
- Braked 750kg Trailer in excellent working order, with new rollers fitted 4 years ago. Custom storage boxes for the beams, and mounts for the Amas (floats). Break-back design means that the wheels don’t have to get wet to launch. New’ish winch. Spare wheel. Rotating jockey wheel.
- 2013 New Nasa Clipper Duet instrument giving log (speed) and depth. This is linked to a small 12v battery in a waterproof box that has 12v and USB outlets.
- 2017 New Garmin 401 GPS (sticks on with Velcro).
- 2017 Faired and re-epoxied hulls.
- 2014 New Sevylor Caravelle KK65 dingy, with a high speed electric pump, (with a manual backup) 2 paddles and locking cable. This is perfect for the trips ashore from anchor.
- 2020 All-over storage cover. Made from very heavy duty UV stable material.
- 2015 Spray deflectors at the front of the boat.
- 2 large inflatable fenders. These are particularly good.
- Various mooring and spare warps.
- Custom LED lighting trailer board, including ballast to stop the car complaining that the lights aren’t working. 13 pin connector to the car.
- Improved gennaker sheet handling with 2:1 purchase.
- 5kg trefoil style anchor with a lot of chain and warp. This gives excellent holding.
- Long tiller extension.
- 3 Step Swim/Boarding Ladder.
- Outboard security lock, wheel lock, other padlocks/cable locks and 2 sets of keys.
Located on the Dorset/Hampshire border. Whilst a test sail isn't possible at the moment, I'm happy to show you how the boat is rigged and can run the outboard in a water tank.
|Vessel type:||Trimaran Sailing Boat|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Mariner 4-stroke|
|Fuel type:||Petrol (Gas)|
|Length over all:||6.2m|
|Hull material:||Glass Fibre|
|Hull colour:||Red & White|
|Dry Weight:||400 kg|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.